Re: Status of Citrus libiconv?

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:10:56PM +0100, G?bor K?vesd?n wrote:
> Could you please tell me if there are any known bugs, important
> features, which aren't implemented or any drawbacks like performance
> issues in the Citrus implementation you use?

I am not aware of any known bugs. IIRC there is a behavior difference
with GNU libiconv in the case of error handling (libiconv reports the
exact position, Citrus iconv doesn't as mandated by POSIX).

For missing features, proper support for transliteration is the biggest
item I can think of. E.g. if you are converting ISO-8859-15 to US-ASCII,
the EUR code point should be converted to the string representation if
requested. That is the //translit option.

One important point for FreeBSD: Citrus is written on the assumption of
locale-specific wchar_t. That might or might not make for some fun in
the integration process.

Joerg