Re: groff/-mandoc replacement

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 04:23:46PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Interesting!
>
> I just added this as textproc/mdocml.
>
> However, it wasn't very happy on the first man page I tried it on:

I tried it first on grep(1) (a manpage from a GNU program) and it
broke on the .if macro.  Is that a GNU extension?

> "mdocterm ls.1" gave me:
>    The Long Format
>       If the -l option is given, the following information is displayed for
>       each file:
> mdocterm: list type not supported
>
> The call in that line is
> .Bl -item -offset indent -compact

ls(1) was the second I tried it on and saw the same problem.  However,
this is a bug in the manpage; it should have a dash before 'indent':
.Bl -item -offset -indent -compact

The tool could use better error reporting, though ;)

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx