Re: Adding a simple editor to the base system

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:22:15 +0000
"David Brownlee" <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
> I think it should be called 'edit', and I think it should default to emacs
> keybindings (as they are more commonly used).

Maybe this needs to be added to base.  Then the ND install can add ee
and change the variable.  Individuals can still run ee, vi or ed as they
wish but a reasonable default for edit will always exist.

#! /bin/sh
exec ${EDITOR:-/usr/bin/vi}

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%druid.net@localhost>         |  Democracy is three
wolves