>No entry for terminal type "mterm";
>using dumb terminal settings.
>No entry for terminal type "mterm";
>using dumb terminal settings.
>No entry for terminal type "mterm";
>using dumb terminal settings.
>No entry for terminal type "mterm";
>using dumb terminal settings.

>Known?  Fixed?  Should I send-pr?  Or are these more things I consider
>bugs but NetBSD doesn't?

This is also in netbsd-4 and not in mail but in libedit.

mail calls el_init() 4 times, each time it will call tgetent() and print
the message when tgetent() fails. Since libedit even caches the value
of TERM it should be harmless to also cache the tgetent() result
(or just the result code if you want to spare bytes) and avoid the
multiple messages.

See function term_set() in libedit/term.c.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost