Re: CVS commit: src/lib/libc/time

    Date:        Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:57:15 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        Matthias Drochner <drochner%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | Log Message:
  | Make mktime(3) work with 64-bit time_t.

I was actually surprised to see that the 64 bit time_t conversion had
been done without incorporating the latest tzcode - the stuff NetBSD is
based upon looks to be getting quite old.

I'm fairly sure that many (all?? - it has been pretty extensively torture
tested) of the corner cases of large time_t's have been dealt with in
tzcode - it was modified to allow 64 bit time_t's (and even non integral
time_t's) some time ago.

I'd suggest incorporating tzcode2009a when it is released next Wednesday
(Jan 21 - US time).   That one will have a fix for zdump which is related
to huge time_t values - otherwise (the other changes in 2009a are probably
not important to NetBSD - they add --help and such to some of the programs...)

Aside from that, the current (tzcode2008h) is likely to have far fewer
obscure corner case bugs than the current NetBSD implementation (tzcode2006?)
exhibits.

kre