Re: CVS commit: src/lib/libc/string

> All three of strpbrk, strspn, and strcspn, should use the same
> underlying algorithm, whichever we decide is best.

There may be no single best algorithm.  I offer for consideration the
thought that common usage patterns may differ enough from call to call
that the best algorithm for one call may differ substantially from the
best algorithm for another.

Has anyone instrumented them to see what usage patterns are like?  (Of
course, this will depend on workload, but there may be something useful
to be found.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign