Re: Proposal to add /usr/bin/shquote

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> It is. I assure you, that it is better to learn TCL than
> fighting shell quotations, sed, test, and company.

Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood you.  I thought you were saying
something like "have your shell script call a tcl script to do this one
little thing", but now it apears taht you were saying something more
like "don't write shell scripts at all, write tcl scripts instead".

While you are free to do that, it's really irrelevant to my proposal of
adding a tool to make a certain class of shell scripts easier to write.

--apb (Alan Barrett)