Re: modifying errno

    Date:        Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:37:34 +0200
    From:        Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost>

And everyone else who corrected me ...

  | I think you are confusing "errno isn't guaranteed to be an extern int"
  | with "errno isn't guaranteed to be an lvalue".

Perhaps.   Or perhaps it was just some weird implementation I half
remembered from the past.

In any case, it is good to be corrected, and I'll try not to make that
mistake again for at least 6 months (by which time I'll probably have
forgotten all of this...)

In any case, it is still unnecessary for any libc function that doesn't
explicitly define values for errno on return to care in the slightest
what happens to it.

kre