Re: vi vs. nvi

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 09:10:30PM +0900, SODA Noriyuki wrote:
> [long description and analysis of many permutations]

Sorry, I really didn't follow all of that, but let me summarise
to see if I got the gist of it right.

If we do whatever is being proposed, which apparently has nothing
to do with nvi anymore, then people have to make just exactly the
right sequence of magic calls, and have just exactly the right
permutation of magic environment variables, otherwise they may find
basic sed expressions producing insane results, and risk unexpectedly
rewriting their strings into Klingon?

If so, then please, please, please let's not do that.

At least if this kind of mess stays contained to vi, I'll never see it.

--
Dan. (tongue only very slightly in cheek)