Re: Fix for the trailing whitespace issue with fold -s

Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Adam Hoka <>
> wrote:
> > Greetings!
> >
> > There is a bug in our fold(1), so 'fold -s' keeps trailing whitespace at
> > the end of the line.
> > (I fold my DESCR text to 80 column with fold and pkglint complained all the
> > time.)
> >
> > A small test case to show the problem:
> Could you please implement this as an ATF test and put it into
> src/tests before fixing the issue, please?

In fact I have an other version of fold(1) with heavy changes (including m10n
So I would rather do test cases when I can commit that (the current version
would fail the proper tests).
I'm not sure if this should/could happen before the 5.0 branch.
But I would like see this exact error fixed for 5.0 at least. (The other ones
are not that trivial.)

If you are or anyone else is interested, I would be glad to read a review about
my new version.

It should conform to SUSv3 now.

sidenote for the bugfix: as a new commiter, I need a few OK to commit it.

Adam Hoka <>