Re: bin/39002: harmful AWK extension: non-portable escaped character

> Since you want to quote the standards, look at the table for
> characters not specifically listed and you find for \c:

> A backslash character followed by any character not described in this
> table or in the table in the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std
> 1003.1-2001, Chapter 5, File Format Notation ( '\\' , '\a', '\b',
> \f', '\n', '\r', '\t', '\v').
> Meaning: Undefined

This remark is for regular expressions, not for constant strings.
Regexps are different case. And my patch concerns lexical analisis
only.

P.S.
I understand that suggested change is rather radical.
And in truth to tell I don't believe you apply this patch :-)
Though, I think this whould be a right decision.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.