tcpdump man page issues

Trying to figure out output for tpdump for DNS:

The manpage entries for "UDP Name Server Requests" and "UDP Name Server

Looked at nameser.h and print-domain.c source. For request, + is recursion
desired; and % is checking disabled.

The % is not documented as far as I see.

For response, * is authoritative, - is recursion avail, | is truncated
set, and $ is authenticated.

The $ is not documented as far as I see.

Also using DNSSEC and getting ad response back with dig, tcpdump didn't
show any "$".

Do I submit this to tcpdump upstream or commit to our own source? or both?
(Maybe after freeze?)

  Jeremy C. Reed