Re: rmdir -p

On Mon, 19 May 2008 18:28:44 +0200
Geert Hendrickx <ghen%telenet.be@localhost> wrote:
> I was just explaining the documented behaviour of rmdir -p and why it did
> not do what you expected.  Don't blame me for the (apparantly) broken
> package, please.

Didn't mean to suggest any blame.  I guess my point was that it did not
work as documented or, at the very least, the documentation is very
ambiguous.  You cannot use "-p" with rmdir without getting an error
unless the last directory you want to examine is in the current
directory and you use a relative path.  If this is a limitation then it
should be stated.  Even then you will get an error if there are files
in the tree and yet that's why you prune rather than "rm -rf".

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/