Re: mail.local NSS awareness

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:04:32AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Shouldn't the last line be "err(EX_UNAVAILABLE, "unknown name: %s", name) ?

Well, it depends: if you return EX_OK, the message is dropped (which is
the current behavior), and if you return EX_UNAVAILABLE, the MTA
generates a DSN.

But that can only happen if the MTA thought the user existed and mail.local
reports it does not. You could get that if the MTA and mail.local use two
different sources, ot if the user was deleted between the two lookups.

I think returning EX_UNAVAILABLE would be better. OTOH, I wonder if
we should restrict EX_TEMPFAIL to EGAIN ang ETIMEDOUT. I think it would
make sense to return EX_TEMPFAIL for any getpwnam_r() error. After all,
if you fail because of something like ENOMEM, it should be a temporary
failure.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost