Re: Importing OpenLDAP into base

>  | How much duplication of the asn.1 stuff would there be between what's in
>  | heimdal and what's in openldap?
>
>No idea; I am not familiar enough with heimdal to answer that.
>Maybe someone more familiar can comment?

There is, AFAIK, no commonality in the ASN.1 routines between Heimdal,
OpenLDAP, or any other package that uses ASN.1 that I'm aware of.
Heimdal has it's own home-grown ASN.1 compiler, and I was under the
impression that OpenLDAP's ASN.1 parsing routines are also home-grown.
From what I've learned from talking with people in the SNMP community,
this seems to be the standard.  Of course I could be wrong.

--Ken