Re: 64 bit time_t changes

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:25:22AM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
 > As part of pkgsrc, a binary. Like we did for the a.out libc.12. Building
 > it will not be supported anymore, since both the headers and the code will
 > be gone.

I don't see why we couldn't keep it somewhere (e.g. on a branch, or in
othersrc) along with a snapshot of the kernel headers it needs, and
thus still be able to build it. It wouldn't be that hard to set up, it
wouldn't require much attention, and it would be useful to have if a
security problem came along. Particularly if a security problem came
along while there were still supported releases using libc.so.12.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost