Re: games/monop

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 05:26:57AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> It turns out that Paul Janzen rewrote monop's save/load handling for
> OpenBSD some years ago. I am planning to merge this.
>
> Does anyone care if I break compat with old save files?

Well, it's always a bad thing, but then it's monop(6).  If it puts
someone in a life-or-death situation, or simply makes the machine
un-bootable, it's probably the user's very own fault.

> (For those who are blissfully unaware, monop saves by dumping its
> entire heap to disk as a blob and reading it back and hoping that
> works. I am not entirely convinced it is working properly as it is, or
> that if it was I haven't already broken it in the last few days.)

Wouldn't that break when the malloc(3) implementation changes anyway?
That would mean it's already broken in -current.

Go for it.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost