Re: mail.local

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 07:36:18AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
 > } Does libexec/mail.local serve any purpose in base now that we've
 > } banished sendmail? Postfix has its own local delivery.
 >
 >      By default, the sendmail package uses it.  If you're planning on
 > removing it, I'll need to adjust the package first.

I'm not, or at least not yet; I'm just wondering if it should be
moved to pkgsrc. If it weren't setuid, it wouldn't really matter (it's
not like it's large) but given that it is, keeping it around on every
system is an unnecessary, even if minor, risk.

(And regarding its documentative value... arguably that is not much.
If anyone wants to write a good mbox(5), I'll commit it. There's a lot
of historical practice regarding mailboxes that is not, as far as I
know, written down in any one place, and it should be.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost