Subject: Re: pcc?
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.ltu.se>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/29/2007 22:44:04

>  >>  >> You until then patch your i386/stdarg.h with the patch provided.
>  >>
>  >> > It works fine now. Thanks.
>  >>
>  >> What about support for __FUNCTION__.
>  >> The code using it is generated by NetBSD's lex.
>
> > __FUNCTION__ is non-standard. __func__ is C99.
> I know. But many other compilers/software support/use it.

I would in that case recommend fixing the software (or adding something
like -D__FUNCTION__=__func__ to CFLAGS).  I want as far as possible to
avoid non-standard code in pcc, to still keeping it small and simple.

Fortunately most programs have #ifdef __GNUC__ around their special constructs.

-- Ragge