Subject: Re: NetBSD-specific GPT partition types
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
From: None <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/27/2007 10:21:07
--RIYY1s2vRbPFwWeW

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 04:21:03PM -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> This is a patch to add some netbsd-specific types for use by gpt(8) -
> with the attached patch, I was able to configure an lfs on raidframe,
> with wedges as the components - and all labelled with GPT.    I've also
> got another patch (not included here so as to not muddy the waters)
> which add a "-g" flag to "gpt show" to display partition guids - it also
> displays the disk guid.
>=20
> If nobody has any serious objection, I'd like to commit this in the next
> couple days.  It's not particularly intrusive - I think we can wait for
> some of the bigger ideas that were raised in the other thread to be a
> little more fully fleshed out - but I think this is useful in the
> meanwhile, and doesn't conflict with any of those plans.

I'm probably being pedantic, but:

"GPT_ENT_TYPE_NETBSD_UFS"?  Shouldn't that be 'FFS'?

Dunno, I've always found it weird we're one of the few
*BSDs that make such a distinction, but I believe we
should at least be consistent about it.

Oh, well, I wouldn't classify this as a 'serious objection'. :)

	Jonathan Kollasch

--RIYY1s2vRbPFwWeW

--RIYY1s2vRbPFwWeW--