Subject: Re: mounting by wedge name
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/23/2007 12:01:20
> The prior art in both Solaris (System V in general, I think,
> actually) and FreeBSD is to name these diskNsM where M is the MBR
> partition number.
It whould be nice to see this naming scheme in NetBSD too but ...
without bsdlabels at all :-) IMHO on x86 PCs it is much easier to use
device names that are close to PC's native MBR scheme, i.e.
/dev/[r]disk<N>partition<M> like OSes running PC does (Linux, Windows etc).

Is this possible in NetBSD or is it in TODO?

P.S.  Is there any HOWTO about wedges for dummies? :) This question
was asked several times but I never saw an answer.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.