Subject: RE: GPT guids
To: None <>
From: De Zeurkous <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/19/2007 17:27:22

On Wed, December 19, 2007 17:18, der Mouse wrote:
>> Let's just keep it simple.
> To me, the recursive way _is_ the simple way.  Why should a piece of
> disk found through a partition table be any different from a piece of
> disk that happens to be an entire hardware spindle?

Needless to say, I completely agree. It's not 'everything is a file,
except for disk partitions'. We've had enough of that crap with inet
sockets, bus- and other layering devices, X Windows, and misc other
mal{designed,implemented} stuff already. No need to make classic mistakes

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!

# Proud -net.kook- IRC bot overengineer
% NetBSD, zsh, twm, nvi and roff junkie
From the fool file:
I don't see why the way people have historically partitioned disks should
dictate which kernels we build and distribute by default in the future.
        --Darren Reed (, NetBSD tech-kern