Subject: RE: GPT guids
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/17/2007 02:30:07
Haai,

On Mon, December 17, 2007 01:55, der Mouse wrote:
>>> Your on-list behaviour - indeed, your name of choice - seem to me to
>>> be at odds with that statement.
>> ...digging beneath the surface.  I go beyond HHOS.  A lot of people
>> have great trouble with that; it's no shame you have, too.
>
> I have no trouble with it, per se.

Good to hear :)

> It just seems to me that a list
> like this, likely to be seen as part of the public face of the Project
> by relative newbies who don't even get as far as HHOS,

So, as I suspected, this is all about saving face? I'm instantly reminded
on the games/sex pkgsrc import request (PR #29929) which nobody
investigated and was proposed for closure just a few hours ago --
appearently it's master site disappeared, and no-one has ever bothered to
check it until now. If suddenly Sierra would decide to make LSL freely
distributable, would we be hesistant to include it too, purely for
political correctness?

> is not a
> particularly good place to practice it.

It's so inherently useful I practice it everywhere, every time. Besides,
better educate the worthy newbies and scare the unworthy ones away until
they become so.

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!

P.S.: I would move this to private mail, but I presume the .info name
servers are not fixed up yet?

--
# Proud -net.kook- IRC bot overengineer
% NetBSD, zsh, twm, nvi and roff junkie