Subject: RE: GPT guids
To: Jeff Rizzo <>
From: De Zeurkous <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/16/2007 17:36:15

On Sun, December 16, 2007 17:28, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Thoughts?

We had an excellent flame war about this already on tech-kern about half a
year ago -- check the archives. To summarize my position: GPT sucks and we
should just implement some extendable, copy-on-write disklabel format
instead. In fact, that is exactly what I'm going to do with NetNIX.

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!

> +j

# Proud -net.kook- IRC bot overengineer
% NetBSD, zsh, twm, nvi and roff junkie
From the fool file:
I don't see why the way people have historically partitioned disks should
dictate which kernels we build and distribute by default in the future.
        --Darren Reed (, NetBSD tech-kern