Subject: Re: do we need a powerd.conf?
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/14/2007 11:18:17
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> As I said, I don't think that's the right way to go. I regard this as a
> configuration issue.  (Aside: I haven't had a chance to check -- will
> an upgrade installation DTRT with user-changed scripts?)

I don't know how you upgrade, but etcupdate(8) will DTRT, provided you
haven't already messed things up by extracting etc.tgz.  postinstall(8)
doesn't seem to do anything to /etc/powerd, but in general I am very
wary of running "postinstall fix", because it likes to overwrite things.

--apb (Alan Barrett)