Subject: Re: Savecore Complexity Questions
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/10/2007 15:40:38
On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 09:24:46PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 01:25:08PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > How about multiple savecore backends, as we have for fsck and newfs, where
> > those for sparse formats might simply not return a panic string even if
> > asked?
>
> Can't we just copy the panic string to a header early in the core?

I think this is the solution Devon arrived at for the minidump format,
actually.  It seems decent to me...

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."	      - Noam Chomsky