Subject: Re: csup and base
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/07/2007 13:18:53
> Then what about misc/screen, www/lynx ... or even pkgsrc itself?

> Everyone uses them.

Well...most people, maybe, but not everyone.  I don't use pkgsrc.  At
all.  I don't use screen.  (I do use lynx, but not from pkgsrc.)

But then, maybe a quarter of /usr/bin and a third of /usr/sbin are
things I also don't use.

> Please keep that in mind, since we all love NetBSD for its
> minimalism. :-)

I find this doubtful in view of the tendency to dismiss machines
under, oh, about 128M, as unusably tiny...and the way NetBSD keeps
switching to ever-more-bloated compilers, to the point where anything
under about 128M *may* be unusably tiny in consequence.  (Though that
view of it may be at least in part my bias against anything that can't
self-host.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign