Subject: Re: inetd doesn't exit even if no configuration
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/23/2007 17:00:50
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Daniel Carosone wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 01:22:33PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > If inetd is started without finding its configuration, it still is
> > running. It logs error.
> >
> > Is this so if reload fails it will continue to run with previous
> > configuration?
>
> If you then create that file with config in it, and pkill -HUP inetd,
> does it read it?

Yes.

But in my case, it was wrong config file (I noticed because I didn't use
full path to config file and it changed directory due to daemon(3)).

And to me it doesn't make sense for inetd to startup and continue to run
if the initial configuration does not exist.

Not a big deal. Just curious :)

  Jeremy C. Reed