Subject: Re: Compiling NetBSD with another compiler.
To: Anders Magnusson <>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/10/2007 23:48:03
 >> I have (as some people may know) been hacking on pcc for fun for some
 >> years.

> Thanks, ragge.

> I've added this to pkgsrc/lang/pcc - all further contributions welcome.

> FYI, there was great interest expressed in pcc by all of the BSD projects
> here at EuroBSDcon 2007, since a BSD-licensed compiler is high on the
> list of priorities for us.

> Thanks once again for doing this - it's really, really neat.

Can anybody fix this? The same bug appears with lcc and AFAIR tcc too.

0 ~>cat test.c
#include <stdint.h>

int a;
0 ~>pcc -c -o test.o test.c
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:254: error: "No function renaming possible"

1 ~>NetBSD 4.0_RC2 NetBSD 4.0_RC2 (GENERIC) #1: Thu Oct  4 21:42:48 EEST 2007 i386
0 ~>

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.