Subject: Re: Compiling NetBSD with another compiler (ditroff & tools are available!)
To: NetBSD User-Level Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/07/2007 23:55:32

At Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:58:48 -0400, I wrote:
Subject: Re: Compiling NetBSD with another compiler.
> It would still probably be worth the effort to figure out the status of
> ditroff and if/how it could be properly open-sourced.  Maybe the AST
> toolkit folks could help.

I keep forgetting about Plan 9 and the fact it is now open source.

Probably the best and most up-to-date version of ditroff _is_ open
sourced, and it _is_ the most recent full DWB code (modified as
necessary to port it to Plan 9, of course, including full Unicode

And in and about with it and all the related DWB tools you'll find all
the other stuff, including the postscript post-processors, printer
filters, etc., etc., etc., e.g. including:

If I'm not mistaken porting Plan 9 user-land programs such as this back
to the world of POSIX based systems is already a solved problem too.

						Greg A. Woods
						Planix, Inc.

<>     +1 416 489-5852 x122

MessageID: rTP5JoL+52rq83ecm29tBoYOjW2p00ev