Subject: Re: Compiling NetBSD with another compiler.
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/27/2007 01:43:53
Hi,

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 03:19:25PM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> build.sh is a mess if you want to use something other than gcc, at least
> I don't
> know how to teach it something else.  But a "traditional" make of the
> sources:
>
> # make USETOOLS=never MKOBJDIRS=no MKSHARE=no MKUPDATE=no NOINCLUDES=no
> NOPIC=yes HAVE_GCC= MKGCC=no MKGDB=no MKPUFFS=no

I made a jumbo-commit to the x86 ports and pcc is now able to build most of
the i386 kernel. It has trouble with some files, but with those compiled
with gcc it boots and panics early in hashinit(). The good news is it gets
that far - and I was able to poke around in DDB. :-)

Note that full amd64 builds are a bit broken but I'm working through that at
the moment.

Thanks,
Andrew