Subject: Re: envstat -s sensor -d device
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/23/2007 18:18:13
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:27:15 +0100 (BST)
Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net> wrote:

> exactly - envstat(8) should show it, no?  how would it look if more
> than one aiboost(4) device were configured? (I don't know if thats
> unpossible with todays technology, but next year?)

I agree, but I wanted to respect previous behaviour.

I can think of two possibilities right now, first one is to print
device name before sensor's description like:

[acpibat0] charge: 4.500Ah (100%)
[acpibat1] charge: 4.000Ah (100%)

or another one is to print device name before all sensors, like:

acpibat0
  charge: 4.500Ah (100%)
  state:  NORMAL
acpibat1:
  charge: 0.240Ah (3.2%)
  state:  CRITICAL

I don't have any preference... if we agree that one of them should
be used I'll adapt the code.

--
Juan Romero Pardines 	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org/ 	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish