Subject: NetBSD4.0 RC1, and syspkgs
To: None <>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/10/2007 22:45:52
Usually I build NetBSD system by the following commands
without root priviledges.

$ ./ -u tools
$ ./ -T ../obj/tools -u kernel=GENERIC
$ sudo mv /netbsd /netbsd.old && sudo cp sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC/netbsd /
$ sudo reboot
$ ./ -T ../obj/tools -u -x build
$ ./ -T ../obj/tools -u -x sets

$ ./ -T ../obj/tools -u -x syspkgs
$ sudo ./ -T ../obj/tools -u -x install=/

I assume that two latest commands should create /var/db/syspkg directory
and create full syspkg database in it.
But this directory is not created.
At the same time DESTDIR/var/db/syspkg (filled by ./ syspkgs)
is created and seems good, at least I see several hundreds files there.

It seems to me that
./ install=/
should install syspkg database.

Should I send-pr about this or this is a feature and I should create
/var/db/syspkg manually (by copying DESTDIR/var/db/syspkg)?

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.