Subject: Re: netbsd tips
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/13/2007 08:37:25
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Zafer Aydogan wrote:

> I recently noticed on a freebsd machine the "freebsd tips" fortunes,
> everytime I logged in.
> Like for example: You can make a log of your terminal session with script(1).
> I really like that. It's useful especially for  new users. I think it
> is enabled by default on a standard installation.
> I could write a netbsd-tips fortune file for NetBSD.
> What do you think about it ?

Yes, please start it.

One thing to decide is if we want to attribute tips or not? I think we
should (if the contributor wants to). We can always use consistent format
for attributions, so we could later choose to grep them out to start a new
file.

I am sure others will contribute to it too once started.

  Jeremy C. Reed