Subject: Re: The wscons.conf behavior
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/08/2007 10:47:22
On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 05:59:23PM +0300, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm going to commit the following patch to eliminate manpage and
> etc/rc.d/wscons|etc/wscons.conf inconsistency:
>
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2007/06/07/0004.html
>
> Any objections, please?
>
> In case if noone object it, I'll commit this patch in Friday, 10th
> (and earlier in case of positive feedback).

This should not go in src/UPDATING. It is as much relevant for users
updating system from binary distribution, and has no relation to building
the system at all. UPDATING says it describes recent changes that might
cause problems in the build process, and it is not included in the binary
release at all. Please put it somewhere when it can be found by users of
binary releases - we have the release notes for that. (But please do it
after 4.0 is released - the release notes in -current are actually for
4.0.)

thanks, Pavel