Subject: Re: /sbin/ping - fails to drop into background?
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/05/2007 14:05:44
> It has been fixed in rev 1.79 + 1.80 of src/sbin/ping (PR/33623), which
> apply cleanly to NetBSD 2.x and 3.x (diff attached).  This could be pulled
> up to netbsd-2 and netbsd-3...

What would it take to compile a new version of PING?  I can download
all the NetBSD sources for version 2.1, but a simple "make" in
/usr/src/sbin/ping dooesn't get me very far.  Can I twist someone's
arm to supply me with a trusted binary?

Or am I missing only something tiny?  Keep in mind that I'll need to
do this (download sources, make appropriate preparations, compile ping
and install) on three production NetBSD platforms: 1.6.1, 2.1 and 3.1.

++L