Subject: Adding bsdtar?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/01/2007 21:36:23
Hi all,
with libarchive comes a complementary tar frontend. It has some nice
features (e.g. support for many zip archives, builtin compression
handling etc.), but is of course somewhat redundant to /bin/tar.
I don't think it can currently fully replace /bin/tar as it needs work
in the tape handling (multi-volume support and testing), but otherwise
is quite nice.

Shall I add the necessary glue to install it as /usr/bin/bsdtar or not?

For those interested in a small project, a pax frontend and more work on
the cpio frontend would be appreciated by the author of libarchive :-)

Joerg