Subject: Re: pkill(1) a pid after timeout
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/28/2007 10:07:24
--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > > Would it make sense to have a way of asking for processes with a
> > > running time less than a specified value, or in a specified range?
> >=20
> > Less then can be doine via "-v -r N".
>=20
> Not if you want to combine it with searching for a process by name; the
> "-v" would invert both the name and the running time.

True.  But I think that's the current behaviour for any with "-v", since
"-v" simply does "!(condition1 && condition2)", and there's no way to
say "(!condition1) && condition2".

-Jan

--=20
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--