Subject: Re: pkill(1) a pid after timeout
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/28/2007 10:07:24

Alan Barrett <> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > > Would it make sense to have a way of asking for processes with a
> > > running time less than a specified value, or in a specified range?
> >=20
> > Less then can be doine via "-v -r N".
> Not if you want to combine it with searching for a process by name; the
> "-v" would invert both the name and the running time.

True.  But I think that's the current behaviour for any with "-v", since
"-v" simply does "!(condition1 && condition2)", and there's no way to
say "(!condition1) && condition2".

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)