Subject: Re: pkill(1) a pid after timeout
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/28/2007 09:13:14
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > Would it make sense to have a way of asking for processes with a
> > running time less than a specified value, or in a specified range?
>
> Less then can be doine via "-v -r N".

Not if you want to combine it with searching for a process by name; the
"-v" would invert both the name and the running time.  Perhaps "-r -N"
could mean "less then N", as in find(1); or "-r '<N'", as in "cvs log
-d"

> I don't know about range (and haven't had the need myself ;-).

I don't see an immediate use for range, but I mentioned it for
completeness.  Even if ranges are not implemented now, I don't want us
to use a syntax that makes it difficult to add ranges in the future.

--apb (Alan Barrett)