Subject: Re: pkill(1) a pid after timeout
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/27/2007 11:26:55
On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 09:03:20PM -0700, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> +.It Fl r Ar runtime
> +Restrict matches to processes with a running time (ie wall clock) larger than
> +.Ar runtime .

Wall clock time is just that - time by the clock on the wall. Do you want to
match based on accumulated CPU time or time since the process started?

My preference is not to see pkill continue to grow more and more options
since it can be done with scripts easily enough, but a few more useful ones
seems fine. I checked Solaris, Linux and the other BSDs, and none of them
use -r.

Andrew