Subject: Re: Sane exit from a program on receipt of a signal
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/20/2007 13:04:11
>> It is?  I thought it was intended to invoke the default action for
>> the signal, which may not be to terminate the process (the most
>> plausible example that comes to mind is SIGTSTP).
> As for SIGTSTP and other tty signals, the signal should be sent to
> the process group rather than to just the current process.

I disagree.

If it was generated from the tty, it's *already* been sent to other
processes in the foreground process group; sending it again would be
wrong (and could lose big due to our send racing against the other
process handling it).  If it was sent to this process specifically,
rebroadcasting it to the whole process group just so *we* can handle it
with the default action is equally wrong.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign