Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/bin/csh
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/16/2007 16:25:06
On Jul 16,  1:00pm, matt@3am-software.com (Matt Thomas) wrote:

| Christos Zoulas wrote:
| > Module Name:	src
| > Committed By:	christos
| > Date:		Mon Jul 16 18:26:11 UTC 2007
| >
| > Modified Files:
| > 	src/bin/csh: csh.c csh.h dir.c dol.c exec.c exp.c extern.h file.c
| > 	    func.c glob.c hist.c lex.c parse.c proc.c proc.h sem.c set.c
| >
| > Log Message:
| > no need to have cshbool; just make them int
|
| Why not use the C99 bool?

Because it is being abused to hold a small int; i.e. some of the csh bool's
need to hold different values (eg. [0, 1, 2, 3] for dolflg
or [0..16] for child), and this breaks when we use real bools.

I started fixing the non boolean ones to int, and making the boolean ones use
true/false, but it was too much churn, so I opted for the easy way out.

christos