Subject: Re: is syspkg alive?
To: None <>
From: Alan Barrett <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/09/2007 15:55:58
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> As far as I understand unpriviledged ./ doesn't generate
> syspkgs because of lack of some functionality of pkg_* tools
> (permissions of directories or...). Right?

No, unprivileged is quite capable of generating syspkgs; use
" -U ... syspkgs".  I'd call this usage "supported", but it just
creates the syspkgs (in RELEASEDIR/MACHINE/binary/syspkgs), it doesn't
invoke pkg_* tools in any way.  As I mentioned before, there's no easy
or supported way to install or use syspkgs.

--apb (Alan Barrett)