Subject: Re: is syspkg alive?
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/09/2007 15:48:06
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> After
>
> ./build.sh ... build
> ./build.sh ... sets
> ./build.sh ... syspkgs
> ./build.sh ... install=/
> etc.
>
> there is no /var/db/syspkg directory at all.

That's right.  /var/db/syspkg is not part of the base system, though
you may choose to create it and use it to register syspkgs.  This will
probably change when syspkgs become supported.

> MKUNPRIVED=yes in my mk.conf

That's fine; it's supposed to be equivalent to passing "-U" to build.sh.

> Though DESTDIR/var/db/syspkgs seems installed properly.

That's created as a work area by src/distrib/sets/regpkg.  Since DESTDIR
should be inside your temporary build area (especially if you use
build.sh in unprivileged mode), this should not affect anything.

> I assume this is a bug.

Well, I'd call "syspkgs don't work nicely yet" a missing feature.

> And... It whould be great to see a manual page for syspkg
> describing its usage ;)

Good idea.  I'll try to write one.

> I repeat my question I asked previously:
> is there *FORMAL CRITERIA* to include things into base system?

No, I don't think so.

--apb (Alan Barrett)