Subject: Re: ^C in fsck (segue from tech-kern)
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/04/2007 16:09:55
>> Speaking of abilities which it would be nice to have restored, I
>> find that in 3.1, typing ^C during the boot-time fsck simply
>> terminates the fsck and startup continues, apparently normally.
> According to the cvs log for src/etc/rc.d/fsck, this should have been
> fixed in revision 1.6 dated 2006-10-07, in response to PR 29822.

I got offlist mail pointing that PR out to me....

> This change has been pulled up to the netbsd-2 and netbsd-3 branches,
> and appears to be in netbsd-3.1.  If it still doesn't work, then
> perhaps you could figure out why.

Okay, so it's supposed to work in 3.1; I'll work on figuring out why it
doesn't.  Offhand, it looks as though stop_boot just kills the shell
running the fsck script, not the shell running /etc/rc - I suspect it
might work if I set rc_fast_and_loose.

I'll dig around some more after work, when I'm at home with my 3.1
machines.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign