Subject: Re: rc local [patches]
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org, joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Joachim_K=F6nig?= <him@online.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/20/2007 10:23:35
Jörg Sonnenberger wrote:
> (a) The assumption that /usr/pkg is on a separate filesystem is not that
> unlikely to be wrong. Therefore the system should not get in my way of I
> decide to make it part of /
> (b) There are two problems here which need to be distinguished. The
> first is getting the order of scripts correct. This requires that the
> scripts are readable early in the boot. A script from pkgsrc might not
> need anything from /usr/pkg. It might not need a writeable / or
> /usr/pkg.
But do we really need _all_ the scripts readable early in boot?

If I know, that my scripts will not need to be run early in boot,
it would be sufficient to re-evaluate rcorder later on with new
scripts that are accessible then (e.g. after a mount) which could
be triggered by a certain script (e.g. /etc/rc.d/mount-pkg) that
contains dependencies that allow to specify when to run it
and that re-evaluates rcorder at the given point in time/boot.

Joachim