Subject: Re: rc local [patches]
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/19/2007 12:46:30
On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 04:41:01PM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> since /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/* can't be used because that directory might not
> exist until it is mounted (mountcritlocal? mountcritremote?), obviously
> none of the pkgsrc additions can be used before then either..

That's a pure dependency problem which isn't that critical anyway as
most parts from pkgsrc already require DAEMON. This is only needed to
allow rcorder to scan all dependencies.

> or have I missed a pitfall?

It doesn't allow me an early script if I know what I am doing. E.g. how
do you want to handle new scripts for steps already processed?

Joerg