Subject: Re: rc local [patches]
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/18/2007 16:41:01
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Greg Troxel wrote:

> This seems like a reasonable step, even though it fails to address
> site and pkgsrc.  Perhaps /etc/rc.d.pkgsrc should also exist, with
> pkgsrc putting rc.d scripts there.

since /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/* can't be used because that directory might not
exist until it is mounted (mountcritlocal? mountcritremote?), obviously
none of the pkgsrc additions can be used before then either..

would it be more useful to add options to rcorder:

	-h name		halt at <name>
	-r name		resume from <name>

so that, for example we could pause and rescan the list, thus:

files=$(rcorder -s nostart -h pkgsrc ${rc_rcorder_flags} /etc/rc.d/*)

for _rc_elem in $files; do
	run_rc_script $_rc_elem start
done

files=$(rcorder -s nostart -r pkgsrc ${rc_rcorder_flags} /etc/rc.d/* /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/* /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*)

for _rc_elem in $files; do
	run_rc_script $_rc_elem start
done

or have I missed a pitfall?