Subject: /etc/rc.shutdown.local
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/17/2007 13:12:54

When shutdown(8) is invoked, the rc.d framework does, in reverse order,
a clean stop of services launched (as declared via rc.conf).

For example for PostgreSQL, I wanted to benefit for such a feature but I
wasn't really enthusiastic about placing scripts in /etc/rc.d (I prefer
to keep things orthogonal between system and local additions, I mean
clearly identifying in the file system hierarchy what is added).

Reading /etc/rc.d/local I discovered that such a hook does exist: it's

IMHO it would be helpful to "advertise" this existence by putting a
template empty /etc/rc.shutdown.local in the base distribution,  la

Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>