Subject: Re: libarchive import
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/13/2007 17:56:48
On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 05:29:58PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> (c) can this be done on a branch until the pkg_install rewrite is mature
> enough to pull it over in one go?

No, this is about the *current* pkg_install. I simply can't do things
like the USE_DESTDIR support correctly without either having to fully
separate the pkg_create calling part in the package source framework and
cluttering it with mtree creation etc or copying the whole package for
the non-DESTDIR case. Neither is really attractive for me.

Note that this will replace the pax dependency for pkg_install, which is
IMO a big plus for pkgsrc on all platforms but NetBSD. I'm not entirely
sure whether I can make it install in-place already, but I am
investigating this.

Joerg